Not all beauty looks require tons of products, or time. Sometimes, all it takes are some shortcuts and a few key products you likely own anyway. Read on for some truly need-to-know beauty tips and hacks from celebs and the people who keep them beautiful.
1. Emma Watson learned this tip from makeup artist Linda Cantello, who’s created some pretty iconic beauty looks for Vogue: Dip a cotton ball into some foundation to remove mascara mishaps and conceal at the same time.
2. Ran out of blush? Do as Joan Smalls does and use lipstick as a cream blush!
3. When without an eyelash curler, curl lashes with a spoon like Miranda Kerr. You can warm up the spoon with a blow dryer for extra curling action.
4. Take notes from Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian West for long, full lashes. Beyoncé uses Rosebud Salve ($6) as lash primer before curling and Kim brushes baby powder over her mascara for extra fullness.
5. How does VS model Candice Swanepoel have those gorgeous, big eyes? She’s dished that she uses a cream pencil on the inside of her eyes, to open up and make eyes pop with shimmer.
6. So this one took us a minute…Sandra Bullock swears by Preparation H ($8) under eyes as her best beauty secret, she says it stops her from getting lines. Judging by Sandra’s virtually ageless visage, we’ll reconsider.
7. Crissy Teigen keeps her eye cream in the freezer. The cooling effect helps tighten up blood vessels that can make for nasty puffy, dark eyes.
8. For soft, kissable lips, Gigi Hadid exfoliates her pucker using a mascara-tester wand and a sugar scrub. Try MAC’s Lip Scrubtious ($16).
9. On the sugar note: Kim K. throws sugar into her regular body wash for an exfoliating scrub. Sugar is perfect for exfoliating as it also contains glycolic acid, beneficial for its anti-aging qualities.
10. Priyanka Chopra credits her soft, radiant skin to a face mask of yogurt and turmeric. Try this DIY turmeric face mask.
11. It’s almost cliché to call coconut oil a beauty hack, it’s so all-purpose we’ve run out of ways to use it. Shay Mitchell, Eva Mendes, Khloe Kardashian, and the Olsen twins, to name a few, have all praised coconut oil for their gorgeous locks.
12. For natural-looking, tousled waves, Suki Waterhouse, rinses Coca Cola through her hair.
13. Beyonce’s makeup artist, Ashley Weatherford, uses eye cream as face cream on Queen Bey, because it’s more delicate and absorbs better into the skin.
14. Scarlett Johansson opts for apple cider vinegar as a toner to keep her skin clear and glowing. ACV exfoliates and heals breakouts fast.
15. Halle Berry mixes coffee grounds in her body lotion and massages it into her skin to keep cellulite at bay. Putting coffee grounds in a scrub is also a great way to tighten skin as the caffeine promotes circulation, diminishing the appearance of dimples.